Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Computer Updates and back to Kvetching, by Diane Scott Lewis

 


My computer did massive updates and now my Printshop won't work. I'll have to reload it. When I have time to feel the frustration of things not loading properly.

I've never been called pretty, but no one wants to hear it.

So I'll put it here. In the navy we girls went to a dance. Everyone at my table was picked to dance, except me. I finally got up and left. Humiliating.

When I first started dating my husband, some guy confronted me and told me you should have seen his previous girlfriend, she was so beautiful. Insult. And what was the point?

Once cruising with my friends as a teen, a guy ran up to our car and said he liked all my friends, but didn't know about me. Not like he was any prize. More insults.

Why do people have to keep pointing out that I'm not pretty? I'll never understand it. I have value even without the superficialness of pretty on the outside.

Beauty is an unearned privilege. A good, intelligent person should matter, too.


Here's me with my still best friend, tall and lanky. About ten, maybe

Okay, got that off my chest.

Oh, wait, elementary school. A girl told me I reminded her of her friend. When the friend heard it, she said to me, "please don't tell anyone."

Bitch.

I wish I'd had the witty comebacks I needed for all these times.

I need a pause button, as in I can't believe you said that, what is my witty comeback?



I see pics of me in high school, and I think I looked just fine. I'm second from the right in this picture.

That's the rant for the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment