Thursday, March 3, 2022

Just more Rants, Reviews and Russia, by Diane Scott Lewis

 Today I read a rave review from the HNS for an author's work which I'd helped critique. It was a good story, but 'thrilling' wasn't what I would say. It struck me as a punch in the gut that I never got rave reviews from the HNS. And I've been an active participator in that group almost from the beginning.

Am I jealous, you betcha. Should I throw in the pen? Naw. Do I need question marks here??? Yes!

I'm still smarting over the review for my The Apothecary's Widow, 'slow, no action', but no mention of my stellar research into an 18th c. apothecary. WTF?

Of course, it's based on the opinions of the reviewers. Shall I say, mine had no taste, lol.


To add to my selfish misery, Russia invaded Ukraine, and is bombing the shit out of their cities. All for an autocrat who wants more territory. Hello, Putin, Russia is huge enough! Are we on the verge of WWIII? I pray we are not.

Ukraine has resources this tyrant wants, and he is a bit insane. And our own home-grown jerk, the Former Guy, is praising him. His base is still slavering all over him, too. Our country has gone to shit, there's no doubt.

Putin wants the former territory of Russia. Will he come after Alaska next?

Covid seems to be letting up, we hope. So many right-wingers whined about their Freedoms, that mask mandates are being recalled. Let's hope it won't put our children, my grandchildren, in danger.

My other rant is I sent info for a blog to a blogger weeks ago. And she's just now 'looking' at it, the blog a few days away, and guess what. She needs changes! I call it, People not Doing Their Jobs. 


Since Kathy's death, which still stuns me, though I knew it was coming, I have no one to rant and rave to. My blog must suffer the pain.

Pray and chant for America, the world, and my sanity!




No comments:

Post a Comment